Thursday, June 07, 2012

Excited By The Possibilities

It is 2012!  2012! I first embarked on my literary journey in 2004 and landed a small publishing deal in 2005.  My first novel "A Twisted Tale of Karma" was published July 2005!  I was super excited, I felt accomplished and I was on my way.  SNAG! Things didn't go as planned but as my life's mantra goes "What God has for me is already mine."

I was without a book deal until 2008, when I signed my second deal.  My second novel "Hush" was published October 2009. Again...I was on my way!  Well, I've since had three more novels published.  "Price of Fame," "Hard Candy," and "Hard Candy Part 2."  I was also lucky enough to make it into two anthologies "Bedroom Chronicles" and "Girls from the Hood Part 6."

Big things right?  NOT!  Today, I am without a book deal.  I am not sure how I feel about it, but one thing hasn't changed--My pure LOVE for writing.  That brings me to this blog and its purpose.

Since I simply love writing and I never got into it for money in the first place, I decided to give all of you the opportunity to share in my writing journey for free.  The purpose of this blog is to post a chapter each week, to keep my readers wanting more, and to connect with YOU, the reader in ways I've always wanted to since 2004.

I hope you enjoy the stories and the mind that creates them.  Stay tuned for the first weekly I won't disappoint!

Until the first episode!

Love,

Leka

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read and loved all of your books. Cannot wait to read your blog every week!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Marissa!

Deebo said...

Congrats on getting your blog up. You know I'll be spreading the word about this in my circles. Stay creative!